The British Home Enhancement Trade Association (BHETA) is hosting a Meet the Buyer event with The Very Group. It will take place on Wednesday 23rd February by way of a Zoom link.
The Meet The Buyer format is a tried and tested BHETA retailer networking event and has translated successfully into a Zoom format. Suppliers are permitted a maximum of two people for a 20-minute appointment with their relevant buyer, during which they focus on product features and benefits, together with cost price proposals.
Buyers representing the following product categories will be in attendance –DIY, Decorative, Lighting, Cookware, Bakeware and Laundry. The Very Group is keen to engage with suppliers who can supply the following products:
- Paint & Wallpaper – Interior Paint, Exterior Paint, Craft, Wallpaper
- DIY Tools – Power Tools, Hand Tools, Tools Accessories, Hardware, Ladders and Benches
- Flooring – Laminate, Real Wood
- Lighting – Indoor Lighting, Outdoor Lighting, Kids Lighting, Lighting Accessories
- Cookware – Pan Sets, Scales, Utensils, Accessories
- Bakeware – Baking Trays, Cake Stands, Cake Tins, Aprons / Gloves / Tea Towels
- Home Fragrance – Candles, Diffusers
- Laundry / Cleaning – Indoor / Outdoor Drying, Mops / Cleaning items (manual)
- Wall Art – Canvases, Clocks, Stickers, Prints
- Kitchen Accessories – Jugs / stands/serving platters/scales
- Bathroom Accessories – Scales, Toilet Seats, Toilet Roll holders, Brushes/dispensers
- Home Accessories – Decorative Accessories, Vases, Ceramics, Mirrors
- Tableware – Glasses, Dinner Services, Mugs / Bowls
Retail sales at the online retailer, The Very Group, jumped 13% year on year to a record £2.4bn in the year to July 2, 2021, with flagship brand Very.co.uk seeing a 25% increase YoY with performance driven by all categories across electrical, home and fashion goods. The retailer has continued to invest into its capacity and technology, launching its AI powered Chatbot the “Very Assistant” who now handles 268,000 queries per month and extended order cut off times for next day delivery from 7pm to an industry leading 10pm.
The Very Group is a multi-brand online retailer and financial services provider in the UK and Ireland and is based in Liverpool. Established in November 2005, because of the merger of the former Littlewoods and Shop Direct companies, it rebranded in 2020 as The Very Group.
This is a BHETA member-only event, but non-members supplying product in the gardening, DIY, housewares and small electrical appliances sectors who would like to attend can contact Keeley Vernon, BHETA’s sector manager for DIY and garden on 07398 840418, or Seema Grantham, BHETA’s sector manager for housewares and small domestic appliances on 07946 078566.
Chief Operating Officer of BHETA, Will Jones commented, “I’m delighted that BHETA can secure opportunities for members to pitch to key retailers like The Very Group. We expect a big turn out.”
More details of BHETA’s events programme, which includes webinars, Meet The Buyer events and networking forums with leading retailers can also be found on the BHETA website www.bheta.co.uk. To register for any of BHETA’s current or future events, contact Zara Miah from the BHETA Member Services Team on 0121 237 1130, or alternatively, email on firstname.lastname@example.org.