With the judging of the products in the 2015 DIY Week Awards now complete, DIY Week has announced the Silver winners across all eight categories, with the shortlisted garden products of particular interest to retailers in this sector.
The Gold winner within each category – picked from the Silver winners – has also been chosen – but will not be revealed until the Awards dinner on Monday, February 16.
Garden Chemical & Fertiliser of the Year
· The Scotts Miracle-Gro Company Miracle-Gro Magic Start double action planting mix
· The Scotts Miracle-Gro Company Weedol Power Sprayer
· Westland Horticulture Gro-Sure Planting Magic
· Westland Horticulture Gro-Sure Smart Lawn Seed
· Westland Horticulture Nature’s Haven Easy Wildflowers
Garden Accessory of the Year
· Handy Camel bag clip
· Bonnington Plastics Solar World Icons British Lighthouse
· Schneider Rapstrap
Garden Tool of the Year
· Ryobi RLM18X40H240 ONE+ Fusion lawnmower
· Ryobi RLT1830H13 ONE+ Hybrid Line Trimmer
With many garden centres also stocking a range of DIY products, retailers might also like to look out for the following when making their 2015 selections!
Decorating Product of the Year
· Bosch gluepen
· Coral Tools Seal & Save roller wrappers
· Shurtape Frogtape for gloss & satin
· Silicone Assistant
Power Tool of the Year
· Worx 400W 85mm Easy Plunge circular saw
· Worx SD semi automatic driver
· Worx WX680 Sonicrafter multi-tool
Home & Kitchen Product of the Year
· Mapa Spontex UK Spontex Easy Max mop
· Mapa Spontex UK Spontex Express system
· Rustins Soak Up
Security & Safety Product of the Year
· Rolson SMD wireless motion sensor light
· Trinity Nitesafe sensor
· Yale Easyfit CCTV two camera
DIY Product of the Year
· Avron Trading Avron self-fusing silicone tape
· Form Form Form Sugru
· Polyseam Graft IPT sealant
· SOCOM SAS AT-HP chemical anchor resin with colour indicator
The judging of the retailer categories is now imminent and those results will also be announced shortly.
DIY Week would like to thank all the judges of the product categories for their time and expertise. The panel comprised: Homebase senior buyer Andrew Georgiou, QVC’s DIY, security and home automation associate buyer David Murray, Home Hardware Southwest DIY buyer Paul Andrews, BHETA home improvement sector director Peter Stone, Wilko assistant buyer Emma Dines, Wilko business relationship manager, buying, John Cosford, and Squire’s Garden Centres director of purchasing Darran Oakley.
To book your place at the Awards evening next February, please go tohttp://awards.diyweek.net.