- Heighley Gate, a Wyevale Garden Centre, encompassing 190,064 sq. ft. of gardening inspiration, re-launches on Friday 16th October
- Redevelopment to be a community, retail and leisure hub for all ages
- Garden centre expects 250,000 shoppers to go through its doors between now and Christmas
With 10 weeks to go until Christmas, Wyevale Garden Centres – the largest garden centre group in the UK – is excited to announce the re-launch of its Heighley Gate garden centre, in Northumberland on Friday, 16th October 2015 following an 11-week redevelopment.
The first phase of the new-look space combines shopping, leisure, dining and events, making it the ultimate retail destination. It has been designed to spark a love of gardening in all ages and offers a choice of thousands of different plants, shrubs and trees.
As a result of the new concessions and shops opening within the garden centre, the retail space will create 20 new jobs for the local community.
A second phase of the garden centre makeover, which will include a redeveloped outdoor area within an attractive landscaped environment (98,479sqft), will be completed in early 2016.
New features at Heighley Gate, a Wyevale Garden Centre, after its refurbishment includes:
- Brand new Costa – enjoy coffee, pastries and snacks from the nation’s favourite coffee shop. The café is the place to recharge your batteries this autumn, featuring highly trained baristas who really know their beans, serving weary-footed shoppers a wide range of coffees and food delights.
- Dinosaur Golf (from 26th Oct) – ongoing themed mini golf course at the garden centre
- New retail outlets: Cotswold Outdoor (early December), Rockin’ Baby childrenswear and Dash (both later this year).
Adrian Drake, Heighley Gate Garden Centre Manager says:
“Our new-look garden centre will not only offer quality, range and value to customers who love their home and garden; but also a unique day-out destination for all the family to enjoy. We look forward to welcoming new customers through our doors and are confident they will enjoy the experience. With the countdown to Christmas already beginning and our Christmas Preview Night around the corner, plus a festive menu in the restaurant, we are also looking forward to bringing the joy of Christmas to Northumberland.”
Heighley Gate garden centre has also appointed a charity champion and an environment champion who will be responsible for building links with the local community.
Leah Grimwood (Charity champion) – responsible for raising money for the Wyevale Garden Centres charity partners – Marie Curie and NSPCC as well as any local charities the centre teams choose to support.
Nicky Maddison (Environment champion) – responsible for spearheading centre level campaigns to reduce the impact the business has on the environment, in line with the company wide object of being an environmentally green business.
The centre has planned a series of fun-filled events leading up to Christmas to celebrate its new look, with activities on offer for the whole family:
- Little Diggers Halloween (26th – 30th Oct) – jam packed half-term activities for the little ones
- Christmas Preview Shopping Evening (29th Oct) – Christmas lands in centre with VIP shopping night
- Santa’s Arrival, Winter Wonderland and Grotto (from 14th Nov)
- Breakfast & Tea with Father Christmas (from 14th Nov)
- Food & Drink Festival (28th / 29th Nov)
- Real Tree Weekend (5th/6th and 12th/13th Dec)